Ormiston Hall lies to the south of the village, is a building of 1745, in the tea-canister style of architecture that then prevailed. By 1832, three additions had then been made to it in similar style, one canister added alongside of another; but as it has no external pretension, it gives no offence, and within is extremely comfortable. The older house, some 200 yards to the west, forms part of a court of offices.
In the flower garden grows a spreading yew-tree, 18 feet in girth and 38 in height, which seems to have been a tree of mark as long ago as 1474, and still is in great vigour. An aisle of the ancient church, disused since 1696 still stands near the older house; and on Dodridge Law are remains of a circular fort.
Ormiston Hall now lies in ruins.